1. FAMILY- My family is everything to me. If I have it so does my family. I come from a huge family and they are the true definition of FAMILY. There is not a such thing as falling, or struggling, or hard times in my family. My whole family from youngest to oldest have been taught when one is down we are all down until we can pick them up. So with that said we are the family that lifts each other up in times of happiness and in times of need. Not only do we treat each other this way, we treat all that are within our family's circle the same way. I am thankful to have been taught this. It almost keeps me on top of my game, I'm always afraid to fall because if I'm down I can't be of assistance to those who made need me within my family's circle.
2. LOVE- I'm thankful for love. With so much hate in my generation its hard to identify love any more. I'm thankful to have found love. I'm surrounded by love every where I go. When I'm social networking its nothing but love. My blog receives nothing but love. My babe is ALL love. Last but not least my friends are crazy but I probably couldn't love them more. It may seem strange to be thankful for love, but just imagine life without something or someone to love? Life wouldn't be worth living. As a child before you can talk, before you can walk, before you can do anything you are first taught to love. Love is an important thing to possess. It's important to receive love and it is also important to give love. When all else fails Love will prevail. It may not seem that way but trust me. Nothing can come between true love, not even death. So if you have nothing to love or no one to love, I encourage you to get you something to LOVE because believe it or not....SOMEBODY LOVES YOU BABY! (in my best Patti LaBelle voice)
3. HEALTH- I know I'm not the healthiest but I'm working on it..Last Thanksgiving (2011) I spent it in the hospital with my dad. He had a severe but minor stroke. We didn't even know if he would be able to ever write his name again this time last year. This time last year he didn't even know how to use a remote for the TV or use his cell phone. I'm completely thankful and forever grateful to GOD to say he knows how to do all of these things as of today. I hope that was the last Thanksgiving I spend in the hospital. I thank the LORD everyday of my life for my health and strength. So many people complain about feeling bad and not being their dream size. I'm just glad to have my health and strength and I'm even more glad my dad has his health and strength. He's isn't 100% but he's about 85% there. I couldn't ask for more of a miracle in his life. You ain't got to have a beach body, or the perfect shape, just praise GOD that you are here and your health isn't in any worse condition.
4. AARON- That's my BABE! We fuss and fight like cats and dogs but I wouldn't trade him for all the money in the world. As stated above, I'm spoiled...It's my way or no way most of the time. I'm just not the easiest person in the world to get along with...let's just say that. Aaron handles me so well some times he amazes me. He spoils me bunches but he always seems to know how not to spoil me too much. He puts up with my attitude and my ways and he just loves me for me. I couldn't ask for more. He wants the best for me the same way I want the best for him. It's really hard to find someone that's as solid as he is. I'm never disrespected, I'm always treated like number one, he knows how to pick me up when I'm down. Seriously...Who could ask for more? I've been with plenty different guys and nobody compares. I look at other people's relationship and I stop and praise GOD. (LOL)
5. DRIVE- You see me with all these nice things and wonder how I got them. It's my drive that helps me do what i have to do to get what I want. I'm a customer relationship manger by day, a cake artist by night, and a beauty salon assistant on the weekends. Yup, that's three jobs. My drive to have and provide the best life possible for myself and those around me is out of this world. My drive is EVERYTHING....I hustle like this because I realize I'm the two paychecks short of the projects like everyone else. I hustle like this because I can't struggle, how can I be who I say I am if I not available to those in my circle who may need me? You can't call yourself family if you guys aren't able to life each other up in times of need. Everything I want I have to be able to get, I don't want to not be able to afford what my wants. I don't have to work three jobs, you're right. It's a choice...not being able to do what you want to do is a choice to in my eyes. So with that said I view the DRIVE that god a given me as a gift. I can't thank him enough for giving me this gift. We won't ever go with out....and I said WE because as long as you're in my circle WE will always be just fine.
So...those are my 5 things I'm most thankful for this Thanksgiving holiday. Enjoy family and friends tomorrow with good food and great laughs. Life is too short to be sitting around miserable. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!